CLIENT SERVICES ASSISTANT
CLIENT SERVICES ASSISTANT
(8-Week Full-Time Contract, 35 Hours/Week, $15.5/Hour)
Spinal Cord Injury Ontario is an expert in the field of spinal cord injury (SCI) community services. Founded in 1945, SCI Ontario’s mission is to “deliver and champion excellence in service, support, and advocacy for people with spinal cord injuries”. Our Vision: People with spinal cord injuries living the life they choose in a fully inclusive Ontario.
As part of the client services team, this position will assist in the areas of, service coordination and peer program. This position will also provide support for Advocacy.
As part of the Canada Summer Jobs program, this position is funded for approximately 35 hours per week for 8 weeks throughout the summer. This position is based out of our provincial office (520 Sutherland Dr, Toronto).
- Data entry, clean up and integrity checks for client services using multiple databases.
- Respond to inquiries and log statistics for various projects.
- Provide planning input, and in person support at the monthly Toronto Peer Connections events.
- Assist with Peer mentor training events and some direct service delivery.
- Research relevant community resources and information.
- Outreach to external referral sources and community partners.
- General administrative duties as assigned Eg. File management creating client onboarding packages.
- Assist with promoting client services through website, social media, article writing and other marketing opportunities.
- Work with Provincial Intake Program to assist with referral processing and data entry.
- Work with multiple client services teams to organize and complete client file archiving.
- Dynamic individual, passionate about serving clients with physical disabilities.
- Demonstrated initiative, resourcefulness, detail oriented, ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency working in an MS Office environment is essential, including Word, Excel and Internet applications. Previous experience in database management an asset.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills, good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact and collaborate with a variety of people at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Ability to act with discretion, diplomacy and to maintain confidentiality.
- Previous experience in non-profit sector/social service sector/rehabilitation field (as employee or volunteer), an asset
To be eligible, the candidate must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act3; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Given the essence of Spinal Cord Injury Ontario, lived spinal cord injury experience will always be considered an important criterion among the criteria that are part of any given search. Spinal Cord Injury Ontario is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to achieving accessibility in employment for persons with disabilities, while ensuring inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.
SCIO is committed to equity diversity, and inclusion in our recruitment processes. We strive to create a workplace that reflect the communities we serve, and everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work with a sense of belonging. We actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to: Indigenous peoples, members of groups that commonly experience discrimination due to race, ancestry, colour, religion and/or spiritual beliefs, or place of origin; persons with visible and/or invisible (physical and/or mental) disabilities; persons who identify as women; and persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions.
Reasonable and appropriate accommodation will be provided during the recruitment process upon request and addressed confidentially. We thank all applicants; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status is required as a pre-condition of employment. Upon request, this position will require a Police Record Check and credentials verification.
If you would like to make a meaningful contribution to your community, please forward your resume and corresponding cover letter outlining your interest as related to the job posting in confidence by May 22, 2023 to: Human Resources, SCI Ontario, 520 Sutherland Drive, Toronto, ON M4G 3V9, Fax: 416-645-3265, E-mail: [email protected] .