Erika Schmutz, power engineer and former Paralympian was the MC for the evening alongside keynote speaker, Drew Cumpson, founder of H&D Consulting. Bryce Donald, Spinal Cord Injury Ontario’s Regional Service Co-ordinator in Kingston, was on hand to present awards to these valued community members:
- Peer Support Volunteer Award: David Baldwin
- Health Care Professional of the Year Award: Dr. Sussan Askari
- Community Family Volunteer Award: Tamara Van Grunsven
- Community Volunteer Award: Rachel Holthof
- Award of Appreciation: Bergeron Clifford LLP
Special thanks go out to Bergeron and Clifford LLP for their continued support of the Kingston Peer Support program and for turning it into a model for Ontario, one which we would like to emulate in other regions.
Photo Above: Back row L-R: Chris Clifford (Peer Support Program Sponsor), Sussan Askari (Kingston Health Care Professional Award), Tamara Van Grunsven (Kingston Family Volunteer of the Year), Rachel Holthof (Kingston Community Volunteer Award), Sheila Casemore (SCIO), Bryce Donald (SCIO). Front Row L-R: David Baldwin (Kingston Peer Volunteer Award), Peter Athanasopoulos (SCIO), Erika Schmutz