SCIO in Barrie
80 Bradford Street, Suite 202
Barrie, ON L4N 6S7
Phone: 1-877-422-1112 ext. 840/841
Lisa Verburg, Regional Services Co-ordinator
Phone: 1-877-422-1112 ext 841
Lisa has been working at Spinal Cord Injury Ontario for 7 years as a Regional Services Co-ordinator. She has previous experience working with people with disabilities in Simcoe County prior to joining Spinal Cord Injury Ontario.
Heather Hollingshead, Regional Services Co-ordinator
Phone: 1-877-422-1112 ext 840
Heather is a fulltime Regional Services Co-ordinator and opened the Barrie office for the Canadian Paraplegic Association (later known as Spinal Cord Injury Ontario) in 1984 and has been providing service and supports in the area for 36 years. Prior to this, she worked at Lyndhurst Centre for 8 years.
Our Barrie Region location supports people with spinal cord injury and family members living in the areas of Simcoe, Muskoka, Grey and Haliburton with these direct services:
- Service Co-ordination ( What is it? )
- Peer Mentorship ( What is it? )
- Peer Connections Workshops ( What is it? )
Check the Support & Services section of this website (accessible from the top menu of every page) to find a range of services, training, resources and information available to all SCIO community members.
- Local Hospitals (including Royal Victoria Hospital and Orillia Soldier’s Memorial Hospital)
- Local Partners (including ILS and friends, The Gilbert Centre, Therapeutic Mobility and others)
Regional Events & Info