COVID-19 Survey & Report on Disability Issues
In late 2020, the federal government’s COVID-19 Disability Advisory Group released its report applying “a disability lens to the government’s response to the pandemic.” Chief among their 21 recommendations are:
- To provide monthly financial support to disabled people in need;
- To identify personal support workers as “essential services”;
- To ensure universal access to personal protective equipment (PPE);
- To surveil for family violence during the pandemic;
- To ensure that disabilities to do not constitute exemptions from emergency or intensive care;
- To ensure data collected reflects the experiences of disabled people.
For more information, view the Government of Canada COVID-19 Disability Advisory Group report.
You will also find the interim report of a survey of 713 members of partner organizations with a variety of disabilities and different age groups by CDPP and Abilities Centre. Click here to see the survey, report and resources.