Digital Marketing Specialist
Digital Marketing Specialist – Full-Time
Spinal Cord Injury Ontario (SCIO) is an expert in the field of spinal cord injury (SCI) community services.
Founded in 1945, SCI Ontario’s mission is to “deliver and champion excellence in service, support,
and advocacy for people with spinal cord injuries”. Our Vision: People with spinal cord injuries living the life they choose in a fully inclusive Ontario. We believe in the power of choice, for all, and we want to change the way the world sees people with disabilities. Our founders envisioned a better, healthier, more inclusive life for people with spinal cord injury and set out to make it so. We are honoured to carry forth that tradition every day in Ontario, as we work for and with people with SCI to live the life they choose.
As part of the Marketing & Communications team we are currently seeking a Digital Marketing Specialist. This position is responsible for co-ordination and execution of all components of SCIO’s Digital strategy: overseeing and incorporating brand standards, quality and responsiveness in all digital platforms, including the charity’s website, social media channels, digital communications, intranet, email marketing program and learning management system.
This full-time position allows the flexibility to work remotely/hybrid, and occasional local travel as needed.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing & Communications you will:
• Monitor and manage main website content to ensure it is up to date, accurate and upholds SCIO brand and communications standards.
• Maintain knowledge of and best practices in WordPress, working with web designer and developer to prioritize a positive user experience and efficient back-end.
• Curate content for all SCIO social media channels, including story generation, photography, video and graphic imagery, growing community engagement on each platform.
• Oversee and communicate internal processes for content management and e-communications, upholding policies relating to privacy, permissions, approvals, frequency, segmentation and database integrity.
• Collaborate with all departments to support their campaigns and communication goals through digital outreach.
• Oversee the regular collection and analysis of metrics relating to digital platforms to improve performance and increase engagement opportunities.
• Oversee the creation, testing, deployment and metrics of community communications, including emails, web forms and online ads to ensure functionality and responsiveness.
• Monitor online comments, blogs and community spaces to ensure appropriate standards are upheld, identifying and/or addressing concerns.
• Develop and manage systems to organize and store digital assets, including photography, video and PDF documents, upholding SCIO naming conventions, accessibility best practices and design standards.
• Contribute as a positive, engaged team member within the Marketing & Communications Department and within the organization in general.
• Perform other duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Minimum 3 year of communications experience, preferably in the not-for-profit sector.
• Experience working in digital media platforms, tools, and content management.
• Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
• Basic understanding of SEO, Google Analytics, Google Keywords, digital marketing.
• Experience in WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, Windows XP, MS office and design tools like Canva.
• Excellent customer services skills and sensitivity to user experience with a good eye for design and understanding of information architecture.
• The ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues relating to digital platforms.
• Good organizational and analytical skills; understanding of digital best practices.
• Ability to prioritize, work independently and manage the work of vendors.
• Solid record of dependability and commitment.
• Strong collaboration skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent planning, project and time management skills.
SCIO is committed to equity diversity, and inclusion in our recruitment processes. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve, and everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work with a sense of belonging. We actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to: Indigenous peoples, members of groups that commonly experience discrimination due to race, ancestry, colour, religion and/or spiritual beliefs, or place of origin; persons with visible and/or invisible (physical and/or mental) disabilities; persons who identify as women; and persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions.
Reasonable and appropriate accommodation will be provided during the recruitment process upon
request and addressed confidentially. We thank all applicants; however, only those under
consideration will be contacted. Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status is required as a precondition of employment. Upon request, this position will require a Police Record Check and
Your positive relationship-building skills, coupled with a solid record of dependability, commitment and passion to make a difference make you the ideal candidate for this position. If you would like to make a meaningful contribution to your community, please forward your resume and cover letter outlining your interest as related to the job posting, as well as salary expectations in confidence by March 20, 2023 to: Human Resources, SCI Ontario, 520 Sutherland Drive, Toronto, ON M4G 3V9, Fax: 416-645-3265, E-mail: