March Employment Workshop Series – Toronto
Join us for March’s Employment Workshop in Toronto! RSVP to hold your spot.
March 4th – Résumé & Cover Letter workshop (1 & 2) 1.30-4
- Create a functional and chronological résumé
- Tailoring your résumé for job posting
- Finalize résumé preparation/revision
- Prepare a basic & tailored cover letter
March 6th – Accommodations & Disclosure (1.30-4)
- Disclosing your disability – should you or shouldn’t you?
- Is accommodation needed on the job?
March 7th – Motivation Workshop (1.30-4)
- Assess and evaluate your motivation
- Sustain your motivation throughout your job search
March 11th – Job Search (1) (1.30-4)
- Interview Skills overview (behavioural, information, etc.)
- Job boards, organizing job search
March 12th – Job Search (2) (1.30-4)
- Learning new workplace communication skills & culture
- Now you have a job, how to keep it!
- Create your business information card
March 14th – Life Skills Problem Solving (1.30-4)
- Bring your problem (large or small)
- Learn techniques (steps) of problem solving
March 19th – Professionalism Workshop (1 & 2) 1.30-4
- How to act, dress and communicate in a professional manner
- Social Media and Job Search
- How to create a profile and navigate LinkedIn
March 21st – Attitude Workshop (1.30-4)
- What is Attitude?
- Do you have the right attitude for job searching?
March 27th – Personality Dimensions (1) 1.30-4
- Enjoy self-discovery while learning more about personalities and the
impact of these personality types on our behaviour and communication at work
March 28th – Personality Dimensions (2) 1.30-4
- I know my Personality Dimensions colour – what now?
- How to work with other personalities in the workplace
Details for all workshops:
Time: 1:30 to 4:00 pm
Spinal Cord Injury Ontario
Employment Resource Centre (1st floor)
520 Sutherland Dr
Toronto, ON M4G 3V9
SCIO Employment Information Co-ordinator
416-422-5644, ext 245