Expertise, customized for you
After 75 years of supporting our community to meet their health, social and employment goals, we are proud of our depth of knowledge, and want to share it with you. We are experts in disability and disability training, and have produced a menu of options for the workplace, for health care professionals and for community agencies. Take a look at what fits best for you.
Community Training: Everywhere you are
Our staff and volunteers are ready to speak to your classroom, workplace or community group, or at your fundraising or community event. Get us in to see you! We can customize our presentation to your needs – a five-minute story, an engaging presentation or an interactive Q & A. Your group can draw on our speaker’s bureau to learn about accessibility, advocacy, disability awareness, injury prevention, mental health awareness, spinal cord injury and any number of topics related to our work. Because our services are based on lived experience, our learning is often delivered by speakers who have been through every aspect of spinal cord injury. Their stories are important, informative and often transformational.
Examples of our Community Learning initiatives include speaking/presenting at:
- Events hosted by the Federated Health Charities to share stories demonstrating the impact of workplace donations.
- Local fundraising / community events around the province.
- Conferences and conventions on disability and accessibility.
- Workplace meetings to inspire self-directed charitable payroll deductions or donation matching programs.
- Schools looking to teach students about SCI, disability awareness, accessibility and advocacy issues.
- Participation in Sunnybrook Health Science’s PARTY (Prevent Alcohol And Risk-related Trauma in Youth) Program
Ready to learn?
SCIO is funded to provide these cost-free community-based education opportunities. Connect with us for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org