The Job Hunt
Gearing up for a job hunt can be daunting if you live with a spinal cord injury. SCIO is here to help. Our employment services have been connecting job seekers with SCIs to prospective businesses for over 30 years, and have acted as a liaison between parties countless times. We understand the personal satisfaction derived from participating in the workplace and believe no one should be denied that experience. We are based in Toronto (with plans to expand to the rest of Ontario) however, if you’re in need of employment advice, do not hesitate to reach out and harness our expertise. We are here for you.
Need some quick tips? Employment services has complied their top 10 tips for a successful job hunt. Here are a few highlights:
- Résumé – Business Information Cards
- Update your resume, prepare business information cards
- Read something career or industry related everyday
- Feed your mind! Staying current can help you feel connected
- Network, network, network!
- Attend job fairs and networking events that are virtual or in person (when safe to do so)
- Know about the companies you are interested in
- Review behavioural and standard interview questionsInterview skills