What a Night!
On Thursday, September 20, we hosted our Community Celebration 2018 at the Montecasino Hotel in Toronto.
Over 100 people joined us as we honoured our awesome Toronto community who work hard every day to bring our vision of a fully inclusive Ontario to life. In particular we celebrated key individuals who have made a monumental contribution to aspects of our work:
- Anita Kaiser: Patti Dawson Activist of the Year Award
- Gloria Kwan: Health Care Provider of the Year
- Julie Hayes: Peer Support Family Volunteer of the Year
- Apple Canada: Employer of the Year
- Tom Scanlon: Sharon and Jim Vigmond Philanthropy Award
- John Anacleto: Peer Support Volunteer of the Year
Guests were charmed by our Master of Ceremonies Luke Anderson, co-founder of StopGap Foundation and we were privileged to be joined by Paralympic athlete Kevin Rempel who shared his emotional and uplifting experience of life with a spinal cord injury and new venture, The Sledge Hockey Experience.
The event was made possible by a league of extraordinary sponsors: Bell, Oatley Vigmond, Gluckstein Lawyers, Hollister, Silver Cross Automotive, Cure, Coloplast and IBC.
And the party’s not over yet – we plan to celebrate our communities in other locations across the province over the coming months.
Thanks to our volunteer photographer Robert Blakely for excellent event photos, which you can view here, and to all those who contributed to celebrating the work we do for and with people with spinal cord injury.