SCIO is a community of experts in spinal cord injury, who serve people with disabilities. We educate, advocate for policy change, provide employment services, navigation and peer to peer support for individuals and families as they embark or continue on their journey of living life with a disability.
Our Service Co-ordinators provide practical help for people with mobility disabilities steering through information, community resources and programs to meet your needs. We can meet up with you in the hospital, in rehab, at your home or in the community to co-ordinate services that are most important to you and your family.
- 16 years of age or older
- Individual with a spinal cord injury, physical disability or mobility impairment other than an SCI
Our SCIO Connect Peer Program matches people who are newly injured, and their family members, with fully trained mentors who have lived experience with a spinal cord injury. People who’ve been through similar experiences have the best practical help on daily living and the emotions associated with sustaining an SCI. Just know there is someone here who understands and can talk with you, or just listen.
- 16 years of age or older (RS/Peer)
- Individual with Spinal Cord Injury
- Family member of an individual with Spinal Cord Injury
Finding the right fit is what we do. Exploring the job market as a person with a disability can be intimidating but with the right help finding meaningful employment is possible. If you identify as a person with a disability and are looking for support, we are here for you.
- Has a self-disclosed disability
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Convention Refugee or Foreign Student with Visa
- Actively looking for and ready to accept work (full time / part time)
- Resides in “M” postal code area or will work in area
To connect with SCIO Employment Services please contact them at [email protected] or 1-877-422-1112 ext. 245
Please complete our referral form below and our Provincial Intake Co-ordinator will be in touch with you within a few days. Thank you.
If you are unsure about which services you may need or want, ask us! Contact us by email at [email protected] or call 1-877-422-1112 ext. 272 (in GTA 416-422-5644, ext. 272).