A matter of integrity
Spinal Cord Injury Ontario recognizes its obligation to set and uphold the highest standards of professionalism, and to promote ethical behaviour, attitudes and judgements on the part of its employees and volunteers by:
- expressing clear ethical principles, values and standards;
- promoting such standards to all stakeholders;
- developing and implementing methods to help employees and volunteers monitor their professional behaviour and attitudes;
- assisting employees and volunteers with ethical decision making; and
- providing opportunities for discourse on these issues
Employees and volunteers are required to abide by the Code of Ethics and follow the Ethical Code of Conduct Policy. This policy is intended to provide direction to employees and volunteers for ethical and professional decision-making in their day-to-day work. The Code of Ethics and Ethical Code of Conduct Policy is the mechanism by which stakeholders are protected in the delivery of service.