Advance your skills, expand your network, and help build a more accessible Ontario
Are you a natural networker, a communications guru, event planner extraordinaire? The SCIO Professionals’ Executive Committee provides an opportunity for local professionals, like you, to support the mission and vision of SCIO by acting as brand ambassadors, developing leadership skills, sharing expertise, and engaging with fellow community members as you become the next generation of decision-makers.
We have a vibrant chapter in the GTA and are actively recruiting professionals to build committees in Southwestern Ontario (London, Hamilton, Kitchener-Waterloo, Windsor) and Eastern Ontario (Ottawa, Kingston, Cornwall, Peterborough). Find out more below!
Get involved in the vital work of SCIO and develop the art of fundraising
Increase your project planning, strategy, and management skills
Gain high-quality, organized, and focused volunteer experience
Join a wonderful group of skilled professionals and have fun!
- Support SCIO’s mission and vision in the community
- Play an active role in engaging young people to support SCIO through fundraising and awareness programs
- Introduce SCIO to potential partners and supporters
- Be actively involved in the solicitation of funds to support programs and services
- Identify, nominate, consider and elect new members
- A strong commitment to fundraising and advocacy
- Be a community advocate among the local professional community
- Possess an understanding of the programs and services provided by SCIO
- Commit to a one-year term and attend bi-monthly meetings
- Volunteer your time when possible
Put your extraordinary talent to good use!
We’re recruiting professionals for our new chapters in Southwestern Ontario (London, Hamilton, Kitchener-Waterloo, Windsor) and Eastern Ontario (Ottawa, Kingston, Cornwall, Peterborough).
Find out more by sending us your statement of qualifications. We’ll be in touch with next steps.