The Groundwork for Success
The strategic plan identifies strategies that will best enable us to advance our ambitious mission. It outlines measurable objectives and priorities for implementation to improve our services.
In 2017, SCIO developed a Five Year Strategic Plan that would conclude in 2022. With the impact of COVID-19 during the past year, in May 2021, the Board of Directors determined that this plan should be extended for an additional year.
Expand our Impact Across Ontario
Active involvement of people with spinal cord injuries, their families, friends and professional supports in making Ontario a more accessible, equitable, and enjoyable place to live.
Effective information exchange that improves quality of life, disseminates best practices across Ontario, and demonstrates possibilities.
Amplify our Community’s Voice
Advocate with people with spinal cord injuries for fair and equitable services across Ontario.
Improve our reach
- Improve access to SCI Ontario Services from Community Hospitals
- Improve virtual client service capacity
- Identify and implement new flexible solutions for all services to serve more people in an efficient way
- Investigate and implement ways to meaningfully grow our community and nurture engagement
Create powerful relationships
- Partner with external support and service providers in communities across Ontario to create a seamless experience for people with spinal cord injuries
Build upon our trusted brand
- Develop and deliver robust training and resources
- Investigate and implement opportunities to provide certification
Create a hub for information exchange
- Create opportunities for community-wide dialogue
- Create a one-stop shop
- Improve awareness of programs and quality of life initiatives
Connect people with research
- Identify and share opportunities to participate in the design process, plan and implementation
Enhance our capacity
- Identify and implement appropriate mechanisms for expanding our advocacy capacity
Build the coalition
- Formalize partnerships with complementary organizations to establish advocacy priorities
Promote fair and equitable services
- Ensure sustainability of community supports and services